Friday, December 31, 2010

First on my list

Today is New Year's Eve, and it's time to compose my annual list of resolutions. Though, the my list has a newly- revised title: "My list of How-I-Wills" (see my last post). Sure, the usual "get organized", and "exercise regularly" are on the list. But, I also realize that my actions greatly impact my family's. When I make a pan of brownies and stuff my face with them, do I really expect my kids and husband to not do the same? My mom's relationship with food was a love-hate one, and I kind of believe that I learned my binge on junk-feel guilty-eat only lettuce and carrots-binge again cycle in childhood. I want my girls to have a healthy, open-minded relationship with food, and sophisticated refined tastes and it's up to me to instill that.

"Make sure my family and I eat healthy" is vague, and hard to measure, so one of the top items on my list is "Stuff (or sneak in if necessary) as many fruits and veggies into my family's diet as humanly possible". In order to accomplish this, I intend to seek out recipes that will help me to achieve my goal. I have been scouring the Internet and blog sites to find yummy, simple, and normal tasting dishes my family will like. There are lots of sources out there, but my new favorite site is www.peasandthankyou.com. Check it out. Maybe it will be as inspirational to you as it has been for me! (By the way, I do not personally know this blog writer, I just think her blog rocks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment